Last update: July 2019
Table of contents
3. Entity Responsible for Processing Your Personal Data
4. Types of Personal Data We Collect
5. Purposes for Processing Your Personal Data
6. Lawfulness of the Processing
7. Who We Share Your Personal Data With
8. Storage, Security and Transfers of Personal Data Outside the EU/EEA
9. Retention of Personal Data
10. Your Data Privacy Rights
11. Updates to this Policy
13. Contact details
Hager together with its affiliates ("Hager", "we" or "us") has issued this Privacy Notice (hereafter "Notice") to describe how we handle Personal Data that we hold about our business contacts (hereafter also referred to as "you").
We respect the privacy rights of individuals and are committed to handle Personal Data responsibly and in accordance with applicable law. This Notice sets out the Personal Data that we collect and process about you, the purposes of the Processing and the rights that you have in connection with it.
If you are in any doubt regarding the applicable standards, or have any comments or questions about this Notice, please contact us as described in the section "Contact Details" below.
"Business Contact" means any existing or prospective partner who has a free-of-payment- relationship without any performance and consideration with Hager or any of Hager's affiliates. Examples of business contacts are associations, journalists, influencers, etc. …
"Hager" means headquarters and any company or entity that is directly or indirectly controlled by or under common control with headquarters where control means either (i) direct or indirect ownership or control of more than 50% of the voting interests of the subject company or entity, or (ii) the ability to control the activities of the subject entity through contractual rights.
"Personal Data" means any information about an identified or identifiable natural person who is a business contacts. An identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
"Processing" or "Processed" means any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Each Hager affiliate is responsible for the Processing of Personal Data it collects from its respective business partners. For more details concerning the Hager affiliate who is your data controller, please contact us as indicated in the section "Contact Details" below.
In the context of your relationship with Hager, we may process the following Personal Data about you:
- Identification data – such as your name, date of birth.
- Contact details – such as address, telephone, email address, etc.
- Professional details – such as job title/position, affiliated organization, office location, etc.
- Personal related company names.
- CCTV footage and tele-monitoring for building and people security.
- Any other information provided voluntarily by yourself.
- To ensure the proper execution of our relationshipwith our business contacts, we may also obtain some Personal Data from our business partners and third party providers (e.g. installers of Hager products; data brokers) data brokers or in some cases we may obtain Personal Data from publicly available sources (e.g. Internet).
We collect and Process Personal Data about our Business Contacts for the following purposes:
- to provide information and notifications regarding products or services or the state and quality of those products;
- to manage any queries, complaints or claims received from our business partners and also from our service teams relating to Hager products and services;
- for direct marketing, advertising and public relations purposes, in connection with Hager's business activities, products and services, and to inform our business contacts about important developments within Hager;
- to manage account profiles on our websites (f.e. MyHager, MyDiagral) and to give access to such profiles. For more information regarding the Personal Data we collect online, please read our Web Privacy Notice that is available on our websites;
- to comply with applicable laws in terms of product quality and liability, and where necessary to comply with laws and regulations, or to exercise or defend the legal rights of Hager affiliates;
- to help us conduct our business more effectively and efficiently and to check and improve the quality of our products and/or services;
- to carry out research and development;
- for business development purposes, internal reporting and to conduct analysis and statistical studies about our products and services;
- to carry out surveys, satisfaction inquiries and studies;
- to connect with you, distribute Hager Group communications to you and to measure the impact of those communications.
We will process your Personal Data where such Processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms (e.g., in the context of our general internal business operations). We believe that it is in our legitimate business interests to process your Personal Data in sectors where we and also you benefit from it. We consider and balance any potential negative impact on you and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where we believe that our interests are overridden by any unwarranted adverse impact on you.
Where required by applicable law, we will ask you to give your prior consent before processing your Personal Data (e.g. for direct electronic marketing purposes).
In some cases, we may need to process your Personal Data where required to comply with applicable laws. In such case, the Processing of your Personal Data is necessary for us to comply with a statutory or contractual requirement. In that case, we cannot manage our relationship with you, nor comply with applicable laws without processing of your Personal Data.
We take care to allow access to Personal Data only to those who require such access to perform their tasks and duties, and to third parties who have a legitimate purpose for accessing it. Whenever we allow a third party to access Personal Data, we will implement appropriate measures to guarantee the information is used in a manner consistent with this Policy and that the security and confidentiality of the information is maintained.
7.1 Disclosures to Hager affiliates
We may share your Personal Data with, or give access to, other Hager affiliates in order to facilitate the management and administration of our Business contacts accounts, for direct electronic marketing purposes and for other legitimate business purposes.
7.2 Disclosures to third party service providers
In addition, we make certain Personal Data available to third parties who provide services to us, for example, in the context of IT platform management or support services, infrastructure and application services, marketing, data analytics etc. We may also disclose Personal Data to external consultants, lawyers and advisors and in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
7.3 Disclosures to public authorities
We also disclose Personal Data to public authorities, such as national tax authorities, in accordance with applicable laws.
7.4 Disclosures to other third parties
We may also disclose Personal Data to other third parties on other lawful grounds, including:
- To comply with our legal obligations, including where necessary to abide by law, regulation or contract, or to respond to a court order, administrative or judicial process, including, but not limited to, a subpoena, government audit or search warrant;
- In response to lawful requests by public authorities (including for national security or law enforcement purposes);
- As necessary to establish, exercise or defend against potential, threatened or actual litigation;
- Where necessary to protect the vital interests of another person;
- In connection with the sale, assignment or other transfer of all or part of our business;
- With your consent.
Hager stores mainly all Personal Data on its servers that are located within and outside the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA). Hager maintains appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to help maintain the confidentiality and integrity of Personal Data and to protect it against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorised alteration, disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unlawful form of processing of the Personal Data in its possession. In adherence with data protection laws and internal policies, Hager addresses security at all appropriate technology infrastructure points.
Hager operates at a global level, and consequently, in limited cases we may need to transfer some Personal Data to countries other than the ones in which your Personal Data was originally collected, for example, to give access to the data to some of our vendors and to facilitate the Business Partners relationship management at a global level. Some of these countries may be located outside the EU/EEA. Where that is the case, Hager will implement appropriate or suitable safeguards to ensure that an adequate level of protection is provided to Personal Data that is transferred outside the EU/EEA, such as entering into EU standard contractual clauses with the data importer, or implementing other measures to provide an adequate level of data protection under EU law. If you wish to obtain a copy of the safeguards we have in place, please contact us as described in the section "Contact Details" below.
We will store your Personal Data for as long as we have an existing relationship with you and otherwise as required by applicable law. Generally, this means your Personal Data will be retained until the end of your relationship with us and/or as long we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so. Personal data will be kept for direct marketing purposes for as long as you have not opted-out from receiving marketing communications.
The following rights are available to you under applicable data protection laws:
- The right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not Personal Data concerning you are being processed and, where that is the case, the right to access your Personal data and obtain a copy;
- The right to obtain the rectification of inaccurate Personal Data and to have incomplete Personal Data completed;
- The right to obtain the erasure of your Personal Data and to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data on certain legal grounds.
- The right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, on grounds relating to your particular situation, where such Processing is necessary for the purposes of Hager's legitimate interests,unless Hager has compelling legitimate purposes for Processing your Personal Data;
- The right to request the portability of your Personal Data where the Processing is based on your consent or on a contract and the Processing is carried out by automated means.
- The right to withdraw your consent at any time if the Processing of your Personal Data is based on your consent. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any Processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect Processing of your Personal Data conducted in reliance on lawful Processing grounds other than consent.
- You also have the right to opt-out of electronic marketing communications we send directly to you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the "unsubscribe" or "opt-out" link in the marketing communication we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details described in the section "Contact Details" below.
- The right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries are available here.)
- You may have additional rights that are provided under national laws. If you wish to exercise any of the rights described above, please contact us as described in the section "Contact Details" below. We will respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
This Policy may be updated to reflect any necessary changes in our privacy practices. In such cases, we will inform you on our websites and indicate at the top of the Policy when it was most recently updated. We encourage you to check back at our websites periodically in order to be aware of the most recent version of this Policy.
This Policy may be supplemented by other policies and procedures (including where required to comply with data protection laws in different countries), which can be found on our Hager Group website.
Please use this link for any questions or requests relating to this Policy, or raise any concerns.